- have had a severe allergic reaction to any of the ingredients in the vaccine, including polyethylene glycol (found in the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines) or polysorbate 80 (found in the AstraZeneca vaccine) – the vaccinator will ask you about any allergies you may have
- have had a severe allergic reaction to a previous dose of a vaccine
- currently have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19 – wait until it has been 4 weeks since you first noticed symptoms or you first tested positive
- have symptoms of COVID-19 – self-isolate (stay in your room) and phone your GP to get tested
- have a fever (temperature of 38 degrees Celsius or above) – wait until you feel better
If you have had an immediate allergic reaction to any other vaccine or injectable therapy, you should talk to your doctor before getting your COVID-19 vaccine.